Our last full Ofsted inspection was in November 2016 and the school was graded as ‘requires improvement’. Since this we have had a new Head of School and a new Senior Leadership Team.
Our most recent monitoring visit from the Regional Schools Offices stated that:
‘Learning behaviour across the school is good; pupils are engaged in their learning and are making accelerated progress.’
In February 2015 we were graded ‘Outstanding’ In our SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) inspection with strengths being noted as:
- The deeply embedded explicit Christian values make a significant contribution to children’s learning and personal development.
- Strong relationships based on Christian values in which all children are nurtured and valued as individuals.
- The excellent quality of experiences and displays, based on Christian values, which enrich the learning environment.
- St. Martin’s, as a distinctive church school, is outstanding at meeting the needs of all the children.
- Relationships are founded on Christian values ensuring that everyone is treated as unique and special.